The NYWICI Scholarship Program
The application for scholarships for the 2021-2022 school year will remain open throgh March 19.
To apply you will have to:
1. Read the Eligibility and Qualifications page to make sure our program is right for you.
2. Read the Recipient Obligations page to be sure you could fulfill the requirements should you win a scholarship.
3. Be sure that you would be available for a Zoom interview in mid-May - exact dates TBD.
4. Most of NYWICI's awards are sponsored scholarships. Read through the list of Sponsored Scholarships to see if any are a good fit. Interested in a career in sports communications, for example? We have a scholarship for that.
5. You can attach an unofficial transcript to your application. But if your school does not provide unofficial transcripts, you will have to send us an official one. Check with your school early in the process.
6. Complete the application form by the deadline of midnight, March 19, 2021.
Each completed application is assessed by 2 different readers. Students who pass to the 2nd stage receive telephone interviews. Students who pass to the 3rd stage will be invited to in-person interviews via Zoom in May (exact dates TBD).
The Finalists are chosen after the in-person interviews.
Note that this year we are focusing our resources on undergraduates and are accepting applications from current college freshmen, sophomores and juniors.
You will need:
- To fill out the online application during the open period that ends at midnight, March 19.
- To attach a résumé.
- To attach an essay on one of the 3 topics we winclude in the instructions.
- To attach 2 letters of recommendations — one from a faculty member and one from an employer.
- To attach an unofficial transcript or have your school send us your most recent transcript. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are any issues with getting transcripts to us in time, email email@example.com and use the subject line: Scholarship Application Problem.
Ready? Click here to apply →