The NYWICI Scholarship Program
The Scholarship application for the 2019-2020 school year has now closed. Good luck to those who applied.
The Scholarship application for the 2020-2021 school year will open in the fall of 2019 and run to late January 2020.
Each year, New York Women in Communications — a 501(c)(3) — awards 15 to 20 scholarships to graduating high school seniors and undergraduate and graduate students who intend to pursue or further a career in communications. The Scholarship Application is open from mid-November to the last Friday of January. Each completed application is assessed by 2 different readers. Students who pass to the 2nd stage receive telephone interviews. Students who pass to the 3rd stage must attend an in-person interview in New York City. The Finalists are chosen after the in-person interviews.
1. Watch our video, above.
2. Read the Eligibility and Qualifications page to make sure our program is right for you.
3. Read the Recipient Obligations page to be sure you could fulfill the requirements should you win a scholarship.
4. NYWICI awards both general scholarships and sponsored scholarships. Read through the list of Sponsored Scholarships to see if any are a good fit. Interested in a career in marketing, for example? We have a scholarship for that.
5. Request your transcript to be sent to us. They need to be postmarked by the deadline.
6. Complete the application form by the deadline.
You will need:
- To fill out the online application during the open period.
- To attach a résumé.
- To attach an essay on one of our 2 our designated topics.
- To attach 2 letters of recommendations (one from a teacher and one from an employer for undergrads and grad students; 2 from teachers for high school seniors).
- To have your school send us your most recent transcript. This should be mailed to us at NYWICI Scholarships, 355 Lexington Ave., 15th Flr, NY, NY 10017