The NYWICI Scholarship Program
The Deadline for the Scholarship Application for the 2020-2021 School Year Has Been Extended to January 31!
Each year, New York Women in Communications — a 501(c)(3) — awards 15 to 20 scholarships to graduating high school seniors, undergraduates and graduate students who intend to pursue or further a career in communications. The Scholarship Application will open from the evening of November 15 until midnight, January 31, 2020. Each completed application is assessed by 2 different readers. Students who pass to the 2nd stage receive telephone interviews. Students who pass to the 3rd stage must attend an in-person interview in New York City. The Finalists are chosen after the in-person interviews.
1. Read the Eligibility and Qualifications page to make sure our program is right for you.
2. Read the Recipient Obligations page to be sure you could fulfill the requirements should you win a scholarship.
3. Be sure that you would be available for an in-person interview in New York City on March 12, 13 or 14, 2020. Interviews will not be conducted remotely, and there are no exceptions.
4. NYWICI awards both general scholarships and sponsored scholarships. Read through the list of Sponsored Scholarships to see if any are a good fit. Interested in a career in sports communications, for example? We have a scholarship for that.
5. You can attach an unofficial transcript to your application. But if your school does not provide unofficial transcripts, you will have to send us an official one. Check with your school early in the process.
6. Complete the application form by the deadline.
You will need:
- To fill out the online application during the open period.
- To attach a résumé.
- To attach an essay on one of our 2 our designated topics.
- To attach 2 letters of recommendations (one from a teacher and one from an employer for undergrads and grad students; 2 from teachers for high school seniors).
- To attach an unofficial transcript (2 if a grad student) or have your school send us your most recent transcript. This can be emailed to email@example.com, or sent via regular mail to us at NYWICI Scholarships, c/o Kellen Company, 355 Lexington Ave., NY, NY 10017