Following this page will be the scholarship application. Please read ALL things listed to make sure you qualify for the NYWICI Scholarship Program.
You are going to be asked to submit:
- An essay that responds to 1 of 2 topics specified within the application form
- A resume
- 2 letters of recommendation. These can be attached to the application by you (highly recommended), or sent electronically or by mail by the person recommending you.
- A transcript. Transcripts must be sent by the schools and reflect fall grades. (High school students have special rules, indicated in the application form.) If you have transferred, please also have your previous school(s) send transcripts
If you're sending things through mail, please address them to:
Attn: Anna McManus
355 Lexington Ave. Floor 15
New York, NY 10017
Please note: Anything postmarked after Friday, January 25, will not be accepted.
You will be able to set up a password and start the application, and you will be able to return and log in and add files or adjust answers up until the midnight, January 25, 2019 deadline.
5 Questions to Answer Before You Start
1. Do You Meet the Geographic Eligibility?
Eligible students are:
- U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents who live in NY, NJ, CT, or PA
- High school seniors who are permanent residents of and attend a high school in one of these states and will graduate in 2018
- College undergraduate and graduate students who are permanent residents of NY, NJ, CT or PA
- U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents who do not live in NY, NJ, CT, or PA but who are currently enrolled in a communications program at a college/university in New York state may apply.
2. Do You Meet the GPA Eligiblity?
You must have an overall GPA of 3.2 or better (or the recalculated high school equivalent of 87% or better)
3. Are You Applying for Grad School?
Grad students or those applying for grad school must be members of NYWICI.
4. Would You Be Available for an In-Person Interview in New York City?
Unbreakable Rule: You Must Be Available In-Person for an Interview in New York City.
For example, if you are spending spring semester abroad, then you won't be eligible for a NYWICI Scholarship.
If you make it to the interview round, you have to be available in New York City during one of these days and times:
Thursday, March 7, 9am – 2pm
Friday, March 8, 12pm – 6pm
Saturday, March 9, 10am – 3pm
If you apply for the Judy Corman Memorial Scholarship and internship from Scholastic and make it to the interview round, you must be available for an interview in New York City on Friday, March 8, 12pm – 6pm. If you are applying for the Interpublic Group Scholarship and internship and make it to the interview round, you must be available for an interview in New York City on Thursday, March 7 from 9am-2pm.
5. If You're Awarded a Scholarship, You Must Be Able to Attend the Matrix Awards Luncheon on May 6, 2019.
Unbreakable rule: Winners must attend the Matrix Awards in New York City. The 2019 luncheon will be Monday, May 6, 2019,
If you can't attend, you will not be eligible for a scholarship.
OK, are you ready to apply?